2013-09-17

Baltimore Roger's EMCSA MD Stories Top 25 of the Moment -- Belated August 2013 Edition

EMCSA MD STORIES
(of the moment)


On the MC Forum last month I participated in a discussion about the story Good to the Last Drop. My take on the whole thing was basically "meh". I thought that it was a pretty good story but that it would never track anywhere near my "top 25".

Of course, that got me thinking about what would make it into my "top 25". So I set out on the utterly fruitless task of identifying my "top 25" EMCSA (Erotic Mind-Control Story Archives) stories, but at the outset I decided to tailor it to my main tastes, and thus decided to limit it to stories with an M/f dominance theme. Such stories are commonly called yellow stories because of the color code used by the EMCSA, and mimicked frequently on the MC Forum.

Now, keep in mind that I am a complete n00b the EMCSA. I just found the blessed thing last February (thanks, Lady Titania). And I didn't really start getting involved, writing my own story, participating in the forum, until April or May. So what do I know? HA! But that's never stopped me before!


I spent a great deal of time thinking about this, and, as is my wont, over-analyzing it. I realized that my tastes are a pretty fluid thing and that I was quite likely to miss something important: a great story, a "metric" of story "quality", whatever, so I wisely decided to title this monstrosity my "Top 25 of the Moment", fully expecting it to be a shifting and ever-changing list.

So, first, I put together a "first edition" of my list in the "Good to the Last Drop" thread. Then, almost immediately, I realized that I had missed a "top 10" story. I added that story, then a few of "Honorable Mentions" (HMs), then a few notes about my criteria and what I like (in case anyone had suggestions), and then I transferred the whole thing to its own thread.

Of course, that was not the end of it. I discovered more stories that I had forgotten to put on the list. Rather than shake up the list again I put them in "probation" in the HM list. I figured I would only re-evaluate rankings and produce a new list at the end of every month.

This past weekend, I took a good look at the list and rearranged everything, my first step toward my end-of-September edition. At that point I realized what did not occur to me before. For my own over-analytical purposes, I wanted to track these changes over time.

That is why I am now posting the "original" "End of August Edition here now. I will try to make these postings once per month, but no promises. Let's just see how it goes.

So without further ado, let me present:



Baltimore Roger's EMCSA MD Stories Top 25 of the Moment (Belated August 2013 Edition)

NOTES:
  • I'm not claiming to be some kind of connoisseur of erotic mind control stories, but I know what I like:
    • I like the category tags
      • cb: comic book/superhero/-heroine/-villain
      • sf: science fiction
    • I like heavy moods, ranging from "dark" to "grim"
    • I like a strong—and perhaps even evil—dominant male breaking/taming one or more strong—and perhaps even heroic—females.
    • I like interesting plot twists and surprises
  • Category Tags are listed and linked to story lists here. Lists of tags in parentheses are tags that were not given by the EMCSA, but which I feel are nonetheless appropriate. Tags in parentheses preceded by a minus sign (-) are tags that were granted by the EMCSA but which I felt were not justified by the story. 
  • Purple stories (those with a mix of sexual orientations, or with zero or more than one dominance orientations) included here are "honorary" yellow stories. In such stories I have judged that most sex—or the most important sex—is M/f.
  • Honorable Mention stories are stories that I feel are good enough to be in the Top 25, if only there were not 25 stories in front of them. I expect this list to grow over time, for lots of reasons. You can basically consider all HM stories as "tied for #26".


Top 25

Rank Δ Title Tags Author Notes
1 new The Collar (bd ds sf) Sinsub
2 new Delta Nights bd cb (ds hm nc) Pegasus
3 new The Return of the Confectioner ff fd bd cb (ds sf -fd) sara castle U2
4 new The Taming of Diana Trent Wolf
5 new Perfect Wishes ff (hm nc) Billy_Ray77
6 new Limits in Pan U3
7 new Twenty Days of the Device ff (ds sf) Corvus Kahn
8 new Y ff fd ft sf gr (bd ds) Fool's Page
9 new Cow's Bargain la (ds) Darkmind , Flibinite
10 new The Adventures of Rania ff fd in bd (ds) Julien Sorel
11 new Betrayed Downstream sf ts The Lycanthrope
12 new The Superheroine Bride cb (ds) Trent Wolf
13 new Psionic_X Rules the World cb (ds nc) Psionic_X
14 new UC:Fates ff fd (ds nc) amaranth
15 new Omega Girl ff fd cb (bd ds) J. Darksong
16 new Jake's Dream Come True (bd nc) Billy_Ray77
17 new Speak Softly While My Master Sleeps (ds) AMOWAT
18 new A Silhouette Sunday mc mf md hm ft sf (bd ds) GhostWriter
19 new Leveling the Playing Field ff (bd ds sf) antiwidow
20 new Triumph of the Toy Maker ff cb (ds sf) The King of Hearts U4
21 new A Perfect World ff (ds hm) Trent Wolf
22 new Doublespeak sf (ds hm) Riverkitten U1
23 new White Knight and Titmouse ff fd sf bd cb hu (ds) mcguy101 E1
24 new The Body Scanner ff (sf) wouldnitbnice
25 new The Slavers ff fd sf (hm bd ft) Fool's Page


Honorable Mention

Δ Title Tags Author Notes
new An Agent Enslaved (bd ds hm sf) blueharvest1977
new Capes and Cloaks: The Illithid's Tale ff cb bd (ds) Samarkand
new Fallen Future ff ds hm in ma bd Thralen U1
new Free Universal Carnal Knowledge ff (ds) London Chap
new Manual Override - Mikey Gets His First Pet (ff ds hm) The King of Hearts
new Taming The Tease (ds) Trent Wolf
new There are No Bad Girls (bd ds sf) Vendatrix
new Unsweetened sf The Lycanthrope




Story Notes

  • E1:  Episodic. This story has ongoing complete episodes, like a real comic book. So it may never be "finished", but that is not necessarily a problem.
  • U1:  Unfinished and apparently abandoned
  • U2:  Actually a complete story arc in the unfinished Crescent City Stories saga. Sara has passed on. This saga will never be finished.
  • U3:  Unfinished but the author is known to be actively working on it.
  • U4:  Unfinished, but an updated version (more complete in some ways, but equally unfinished) available for sale as The Return of Toy Boy. See the author's MCForum thread on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment